Sunday, June 8, 2008

run with me through rows of speeding cars

We had our CCVC Executive Board election meeting today, and I officially will be a "Director" for CCVC next year - this means that I'm not technically a member of the board (phew) but have a smaller role that involves running tryouts for the 16's thru 18 age levels, supervising the assignment of each player to a respective team (aka keeping the peace between coaches fighting over a player), mediating issues that arise between parents and their coaches throughout the season, etc.

The first couple of responsibilities are no problem - but I am a little hesitant about putting my two cents in the middle of parent-coach disagreements given the problems I had last season (which all seem to have dissipated, finally). Then again I can't back down to a challenge, especially when I know I'll win.

I also talked to my asst coach from last season today, and told him that I will be bringing my own asst next season. He seemed okay with it - he wants to head coach rather than asst - but still wants to be at the 18's age group. Looks like we're fielding two 18's teams next season, because I'm not going anywhere.

My new motto that I learned recently - "it's all about what I want" - really takes effect within CCVC. Next season, we practice where I want; we go to the tournaments that I want to go to. It might sound a little overboard, but someone needs to make the decisions, and it may as well be me. Democracy doesn't work in athletics (lesson learned...), and I don't want anything unreasonable...

Now I'm off to test-drive my LightScribe CD burner - which also means purchasing new music. Mufasaaaa.

No comments: