Thursday, May 8, 2008

AVP: Day 1




Day one of the AVP is complete - I met so many athletes today who are all in such great shape (and not to mention seriously good looking)! One of the boys that played in the last game actually has the same last name as I do (slight spelling difference), so of course we found him after he played (slash lost to Phil Dalhausser and Todd Rogers) and let him know that we had that in common. Also his partner is from Rochester, NY, so I think rooting for them is the only logical thing to do.

The "VIP" section (which we have tickets to, thanks to PlyoCity) had margarita's, bud light, food, other beverages, and comfy chairs... which made for a very enjoyable experience. The players also come up and hang out there, read: more time to meet and chat with them!

The pic here is Phil - I am going to meet him & lots others tomorrow! This is him serving in the game against Mihalic and Davenport (last game of the day today).

I received the OK to play (YAY!) from my doc, so I will be partaking in some action on the open court with the pro's (or whoever, really) tomorrow. Cannot, cannot, cannot wait! I am so excited to be here!

More to come later - Melissa will be here tomorrow from FL and we will be sure to cause some trouble down here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm so jealous. Take lots of pictures and upload them to Flickr or something!

Congrats on being able to play. I'm jealous. :(